WINNER: KAT REYES!
OOOOO What Can I Win: 2 Tickets for a Foodstory Holiday Cooking Workshop (Nov. 17 or Dec. 9)
How Much (Borat Voice of course): Total value of $120 (gratuity not included)
What Is It: This Holiday Season, prepare something different when you entertain family and friends. Yoko Isassi, the founder of Foodstory, will take you on a joyful holiday journey in these two workshops on Saturdays, November 17 and December 09. Many of the dishes incorporate seasonal fruits and vegetables that are available and accessible to Angelenos. “Kyoto Style Temari Sushi are pretty, colorful sushi balls, that remind me of beautiful Christmas ornaments,” says Yoko. Some of the dishes are authentic while others like the Japanese Style Roast Beef are inspired. All the dishes are warm, comforting and festive.
Japanese Holiday Party – Part I (November 17, 2012)
Kyoto Style Temari Sushi, Colorful One-Bite Sushi Balls
White Sweet Miso Gratin with Chicken & vegetable
Steamed Egg Soup (Chawan-mushi)
Dessert: Japanese sweet potato with cream cheese
Japanese Holiday Party – Part II (December 09, 2012)
Japanese Style Roast Beef
Juicy Skinless Mini Tomatoes
Sushi Salad with pickled vegetable
White miso soup with soy milk
Dessert: Strawberry agar jelly cake
Foodstory workshops take about 3 hours and are very engaging and interactive. You have hands on cooking experience followed by a complete meal. Foodstory, founded by Yoko Isassi, is an event-planning firm committed to presenting educational and entertaining activities through Japanese cuisine. Yoko is a producer of a variety of cooking workshops and a storyteller for Japanese food culture. She teaches Japanese table manners and etiquette while chronicling the historical development of that cuisine. Some of Foodstory’s most popular cooking workshops include: Okonomiyaki: The Savory-filled Pancake, Ramen Run Down, Japanese Knife Skills Workshop, Traditional Udon Noodle Making, and many more. Foodstory cooking workshops are perfect for private events, corporate team building, cooking parties and more!
Foodstory Kitchen Studio: 460 S. Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90013
Checkout what else I’m giving away! =D http://bit.ly/TQpmhs
HOW TO WIN! (All steps must be followed to qualify)
- “Like” my Facebook Fanpage if you haven’t already: www.facebook.com/marianthefoodie
- “Like” Foodstory on Facebook to get the most updates on their holiday giveaways, promotions and specials! www.facebook.com/JapaneseFoodStory
- Leave a comment on my blog (below or on the main giveaway post) or on my Facebook fanpage on reasons why you enjoy the holidays. Be creative, original, funny, etc.! (You can leave only 1 comment per day, per prize. The more comments you leave, the more entries for each prize!)
- Spread the word about this awesome Holiday Giveaway to your friends and family by sending this link: “I just entered Marian the Foodie’s Awesome Holiday Giveaway Promo and you can too! http://bit.ly/TQpmhs” (If you don’t win the prize, maybe one of your friends or family member will and can share it with you ;p so it helps to let them participate as well!)
* Winners will be announced on my blog. Winners must email me and claim prize within 24 hours of announcement or else I will choose another winner.
- Each person can enter for as many or all of the prizes, but only allowed to win 1 prize total throughout the entire Giveaway Promotion. (Don’t be greedy with the prizes if you’ve already won one)
- If you’ve already won a prize, you can no longer enter for the other future prizes.
- “Liking” mine and the sponsor’s Facebook pages does not automatically enter you into the giveaway. All steps must be taken in order to enter qualify. Those comments are important!
- Winners have 24 hours after announcement to email me at marianthefoodie(at)gmail(dot)com with your contact info to claim your prize. If I don’t hear from you within 24 hours, I will choose another winner.
- Must be 18+ to participate
- Family members are not allowed to participate. Sorry mi familia! You get enough perks anyways :p